Membership is free to those living in or owning land in the Town of Swan River, R.M. of Swan River or Village of Benito. Those living outside these areas may purchase a non-resident membership. Non-resident Seniors 65+ membership is free.
- $50.00 for a year/Family
- $25.00 for half a year/Family
- $20.00 Temporary up to 4 months
- Seniors – Free
- Books, Paperbacks, Magazines, Pedometers and Audio Books may be kept for 3 weeks and may be renewed twice with the exception of new arrivals and books in high demand, they can only be taken for 2 weeks. There is a limit of 25 books per regular member and 2 books per new member.
- If we don’t have a book that you want just ask and we may be able to borrow it from an other library. Occasionally postage and borrowing charges will apply.
- There is a service for shut-in’s called Traveling Library. Contact the library if you are interested in having books brought to your home.
- 6 videos per family limit with a 1 week loan period. Only adults can take out videos.
- All books, Magazines, Audio Books and Pedometers have a fine of $0.10/day per item with max. fine of $2.00 per item.
- Videos and DVDs have a fine of $1.00/day per item with max. fine of $4.00 per item.
- All Items can be renewed by phone 204-734 3880 ~ in person ~ or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are charges for lost and damaged books also. If you have a book that has been lost, contact the library and they will tell you what to do.
We have a book drop box for returns located at the south end of the building for your convenience to use when the library is closed.
- Sign in at the front desk before going onto the computers is required.
- Children under the age of 15 require a signed parental permission slip or parent present.
- $1.00 for up to an hour usage during the day and evening usage is half hour for $0.50
- Multi purpose room that is available for quiet study and meetings for non-profit groups. Please feel free to call the library to set up a time or for more information.
- Printing = Black & White $0.25 a page Color $0.50 for half page $1..00 for full page
- Photocopy $.25/page – $.30 double sided
- Fax: Local & Toll Free (1800, 866, 877, 888)= .25/page Canada & USA = $2.00 first page and $0.50 each page after Overseas = $3.00 first page and $1.50 each page after. Receive a fax = $.50 each page.
- Large print books
- Audio Books
- Fiction and Non-Fiction books
- Reference area
- Public Registry
- Archive Room Operated by the Swan River Museum
- Display cabinet for Swan River ‘History’ items.
- Local History Section
- Children’s Area
- Pre-School Storytime & Reading Club for school aged Children
- Children’s Summer Reading Program
- Paperbacks includes Westerns, Romance & Fiction
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Inter-Library Loan Request
- Traveling Library
- Video and DVD Loans
- Music Sheets and Books
- Internet Access and Computer use
- Book Drop for your convenience at the South door.